Originally Posted by smallfry
I for the life of me wouldn’t carry for protection any handgun I’d have to access by unzipping it out. Never understood that mentality. The kenai is fast out.

Simply leave the strong side vertical zipper unzipped with the grip near the zipper. It's fast. I do a lot of quickdraw and fast shooting from it.

Originally Posted by douglasfir
Curious about an option for carrying a handgun (likely a S&W K frame revolver) in the woods - hunting, fishing, etc. I go back and forth on the HPG Kit Bag - I know a couple of LEO's who use them and I know they're a popular choice for concealed carry (although they aren't exactly discreet). I am concerned by slow access to the handgun compared to something like a Gunfightersinc Kenai kydex chest holster. The Kit Bags also look like they'd be super hot and sweaty in all but cold weather. Anyone here with experience with both products?

Refer to above about speed.

I wear them often in the hottest part of summer and it does get warm under the chest side. Usually at these times I'm sweating already and would be even without the bag. In the fall/winter when hunting I usually try to layer to avoid sweating. The HPG hasn't been an issue there as long as I match the layer(s) to my activity.