High eighties on the oximeter/Holter is cause for action. Daytime numbers in the 90-93 range, at 6,700' altitude, were suspicious and I was still tired in the mornings.
After a sleep study and their recommendation, I asked for answers and alternatives and got schooled. A low level of blood O2 means that chances for poor sleep are high and the same with increased chance of stroke, according to my MD. I did a little research via the WebMD/Mayo route to learn more, which was convincing enough to at least try that method.
The O2 concentrator I got from a medical rental program is reliable, effective and surprisingly quiet. The rental folks accept my Blue Cross/BS insurance without a co-pay and send me with plenty of tubing (up to 20-some feet) when they change the filter and put the concentrator on the testing machine every 6 or 12 months. Although it is only about 2 feet away from my head, I am never aware of any noise.
Saddlesore- sorry that we are in the same club. I don't require O2 help during the day. Yet.
I wonder why your concentrator is so loud.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.