Originally Posted by Border Doc
Saddlesore- sorry that we are in the same club. I don't require O2 help during the day. Yet.
I wonder why your concentrator is so loud.

My O2 therapy is paid for by the Department of Labor as I qualified as a past nuclear worker and had my lungs damaged as such. If I got my Medicare Advantage insurance (Humana) to pay for it, my copay would have been $180/mo.Ia l already take enough medication for other problems that I hit the doughnut gap in mid fall.

DOL only has certain approved companies to provide O2 so I had to go with APRIA. I sent the first one back and the second one was supposedly quieter. Not much though.Working around my small acreage, I can't be dragging one of those small bottles around,.
so I bought the home concentrator and portable one from Inogen. I have to keep the Apria set up as they provide a big bottle in case the power goes out and I have a supply of the smaller 25 liter bottles if I get away from the house for a longer period

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles