I flew on an airliner about 20 years ago, and set next to this Japanese American gal, for a cross country flight.

She and her husband were both engineers, but when it was time to have children, they decided she would quit working, and they bought a video store , where they figured she could still work and make money and being in control of it.. hire employees etc.

She was based out of Metro Seattle.

But two highlights of the conversation...

I asked her what was the most rented movie, if there was one.... She said simply... oh yes, there is one.. The Movie Slapshot, they kept adding copies, and still they couldn't keep enough copies on the shelves... this is 20 plus years after the movie came out.

The other interesting point in the conversation, was I asked if they rented out X Rated movies. She said that they had to keep those in stock in a closed section to keep the doors open. However, when I asked her if the people were usually men, renting them mainly over the weekend and on Friday and Saturday nights, she told me HELL NO....

75% of their business on X rated movies was during the week, rented in the middle of the day.. and the large number of renters were NOT MALES.. it was predominantly females in the 40 to 60 yr old range.. frustrated house wives...

and the real raunchy ones, that was rented predominantly by women in the same age range, NOT the preverbial " Dirty old men"...

INteresting conversation and most of the results or her answers were the exact opposite of what I thought I would hear.

Guys seemed to like Westerns , combat movies etc. Middle aged women were the " sex movie" customers...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez