Granitestate1: I was immediately mesmerized by Sam Peckinpah's 1969 masterpiece "The Wild Bunch" and was lucky enough to see it opening night.
I was back two nights later with several friends I had talked into seeing it with me - and I enjoyed even more the second time. As did my friends.
I paid to see this movie on the big screen more than twenty times over the next decade or so as this movie would often be re-ran by big screen theaters knowing that the Wild Bunch-ophiles would turn out in numbers to see it again.
Finally when technology caught up I bought the tape and later the C.D.
I only watch it once a year anymore - I have it memorized.
The Wild Bunch movie was "controversial" at the time due to Sam Peckinpah's wonderfully done and graphic violence scenes.
It would be considered "tame" by todays standards in that regard.
The Wild Bunch was critically acclaimed nominated for many Academy Awards and other awards of that type.
It is still studied today in cinematography college classes.
It cost six million dollars to make and immediately the box office doubled that amount - it is unknown how much it has made its producers over the ensuing half century?
I love the cast including William Holden, Ben Johnson, Ernest Borgnine, L.Q. Jones, Strother Martin, Warren Oates, Robert Ryan, Bo Hopkins, Dub Taylor and Edmond O'Brien.
"I wouldn't have it any other way"!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy