Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Maryland police cars have automatic license plate readers... they run constantly while their police cruisers are on the streets.

The software is tied to a CCW database...

Fair warning to anyone that travels to or thru that chithole.
And which CCW databases are they connected to?

Only MD?

They aren't. The tag readers are only tied to MVA/DMV records. When I took the CCW class, the instructor spent some time speaking about your interaction with police during a traffic stop. We discussed whether or not to tell the officer if you're carrying. The instructor, a former State Trooper, recommended that you tell the officer that you are carrying. Someone brought up the question that wouldn't he already know, if your were the owner of the vehicle, that you also have a CCW? He specifically said that the State Police CCW database IS NOT LINKED to the MVA database and that you should tell the officer that you're carrying.

We were just talking about this last night after shooting. Several of us shoot sporting clays with the county sheriff and a couple of friends of mine know him personally. This buddy of mine said that he was talking to him last week about this, and he said that his officers are instructed not to ask and he told my buddy not to tell unless you're asked to get out of the car. That right there tells me that the cops don't have that info.

In regards to this story, the guy is an idiot. That would be like me going into VA without a license and getting caught and crying about it. He knew damn right well that he was carrying illegally. If he didn't know, he's even more of an idiot.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan