Originally Posted by Dutch
Wow, that is some amazing “analysis” right there….

“You need a proper navy to do that”.

JFC, a NAVY?

Who installed that thing again? Right, a bunch of rednecks on boats. JFC, drag an anchor with a box of dynamite and a timer attached over the bottom until you hook the bastard and cut the line. Kablooey three days later, and oooooh, the ‘muricans did it.

Not that Biden isn’t stupid enough to do it, but the simplest explanation is a couple of Ukes in a fishing boat playing the Slav version of “hold my beer and watch this”.

I’d have no idea who may have done this….. but, here is some speculation:

I tend to agree that this operation need not be considered a “advanced technology” only action. The depth is not great, the amount…..weight of explosive required is not great…. Couple hundred kilos of some sort of HE. Finding the pipelines is easy…. Dragging a mechanism…. Maybe an anchor… to catch or even be in close proximity to the pipeline does not seem to be too difficult. The mechanism could be a simple as a large collar or trapping mechanism lowered over the pipeline….IDK.

A timing mechanism seems simple.

What about the satellites? Couldn’t they “see” the boat actually doing the deed? Perhaps, perhaps not. Give a redneck crew some tech help and a large tug boat… or even a trawler….and then perhaps not. It would not look much different from the other hundred boats crossing the area. Could the bad boat be picked out? If it could be identified, would one think it not already disposed of and sunk?

Further, most articles discussing this start out with the assumption that precludes any bad actor that does not have very advanced underwater skills. This may be simple misdirection to preclude a potential bad actor or to simply point an accusing finger in a certain direction.

If one discards the simplifying assumption that advanced technological excellence is required, the field of potential bad actors opens up. Who else would benefit….. but more importantly, why would they benefit?

IDK….. this is just speculation.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”