Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Thanks for those replies, they help a lot.

Have two Mk IV's and a Mk III in various configurations so don't need this at all but have been sorta kinda keeping my eye open for a deal on a decent 6 7/8" tapered barrel Mk II. But this one really strikes my fancy as a nicely balanced looking piece.

Sounds like a conundrum to me. Maybe wait until the right slab side comes along and let someone that doesn't have a MKII, buy this one. Just a suggestion. I'm also glad I haven't heard people complaining about how hard it is take down the MKII for cleaning. That is one of the funniest statements I hear about the MKII. It doesn't require tools and comes apart very easily. Some harder than others because some people never take them apart. I took mine out last week because I needed to dial in my new Burris fast fire 3 red dot with its new maddmac base. Afterwards, I took it apart to clean it. I made it a point to time it to see how quick it is to clean. 2 minutes and 45 seconds and no tools to disassemble. Take that for what it is worth. IF I had 1 complaint about the mkII pistol vs. the MK4 it would be the magazine release. The mkII is sort of unorthodox vs. your typical mag release. The mkII is slower and less efficient. In a shoot that requires a quick reload, the MKII is not my first choice. Thankfully the bowling pin shoots I attend do not require a second mag with my 22lr. 5 shots and its done..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA