For eating it�s tough to beat a nice walleye; you can bake it, fry it, grill it, smoke it � and it always is a crowd pleaser.

For sheer entertainment: CARP!

Ask any kid why they�re standing in the slop catchin� monster carp instead fishing for 4-oz. crappies. There�s no limit on carp, you can fly fish, bobber fish, spear, arrow, and hit one with a mallet if you get close enough. I once bagged a nice 20-pounder with a rock � I beaned the fish on the head and it panicked and beached itself. Years ago before safety was invented, we would toss popcorn on the water and shoot the rising carp with .22 rifles. It�s still a dream of mine to do that with a pump shotgun and slugs or a .30-30 lever action � how fun would that be? Maybe an AR-15 would be more your style?

My personal bests are a 37-pound carp and 44-pound buffalo using a bow. I have more money invested in my carp bow than most deer rifles. The 100-pound grass carp are making their way up the Mississippi River to Minnesota � I can hardly wait.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost