FreeMe;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day behaved and you're well.

Thanks for the insight into nuances of life that many of us aren't familiar with.

We used to have Canadian National which is owned by the government but still has it's own rules and maybe LEO and then Canadian Pacific which was the first one and was and still is I believe privately owned. I distantly knew a couple fellows who were LEO for one or the other, but can't recall which just now.

When the railway was built in Canada in the 1880's, the Federal government gave some pretty broad concessions of land to CP and as well there were rules like Federal law superseded provincial law something like a mile either way of center line of the tracks. It meant if one wanted to sell booze to the train construction crews, one needed a Federal liquor license if your establishment was within the federal land and a provincial liquor license if it wasn't.

If you ever make it up into this part of the world, there's a really excellent train museum in Revelstoke with one of the bigger steam engines inside. It's a huge old machine.

Thanks again for the adding to the conversation, like my cyber friend T Inman, I find all the rules and nuances really intriguing.

All the best and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"