MtnBoomer;
Good afternoon to you, well it's afternoon here and we're Pacific time so unless you're in Hawaii now, then good afternoon, I hope the day is behaving for you.

Thanks for the photo, despite it making me both wince and shake my head.

One supposes that if one cannot park across one set of tracks, then obviously parking across two is twice as good, no? eek

Unlike FreeMe, I know very little about trains, other than they're really, REALLY heavy and aren't easy to stop.

Way back in the day when we were farming, we had to fill 3 or 4 what were known as "producer grain cars" and they were parked on a dead end siding. When we'd filled the first one, we found this device - long pole with a shoe that'd fit on the track and the train car wheel - and began to roll the filled car out of the way. Well, the siding wasn't completely level and away it started to creep. Just at a walk mind you, but on it's own..

My brother found a chunk of wood, like a 4x6 chunk, and threw it under the wheel. It split like a toothpick and had absolutely no affect on the mobility of our full producer car.

Luckily one of us figured out that there was a manual brake on the back of the car, a wheel as I recall that we turned and it applied a brake, which stopped the car before any harm was done. Well other than that chunk of splintered dunnage.

Anyways, trains and ships don't seem to have the same ability to brake as say sports cars might, that I do know.

All the best, thanks again for the photo and good luck on your hunting season.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"