Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Yep. When they opened here in the early 70’s, when I was in Jr High, they were at least edible. And everything on the menu was either .19 cents and then went to .29 cents.

The bean burritos were okay. Hard to screw up a plain ole bean burrito.

Yep. I preferred Del Taco and Taco Bueno over Taco Bell though. Haven't seen either of those in forever. Taco Bell is just crap now and overpriced at that. I made the mistake of stopping at one for the first time in probably ten years a few months ago. It was bland, skimpy and expensive. Shame on me but in my defense, it was late and not much else available.

Taco Cabana has also gone to crap.

Taco Bueno Chain started in my old home town.
They finally tore down the original one. Bulldozed it and built a new one on that site.
Local guy started it about a year or two after the first Taco Bell came to town. Still 4 of them there now. And 4 Taco Hell’s.
Taco Bueno has really gone down hill since the original owner sold out. Still way better than Taco Hell, though.

Use to stop and eat at the original Taco Cabana in San Antonio. Haven’t been there in several years though. It was good back in the early 90’s.

Even DQ tacos are better than Taco Hell. 🤪

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~