I had three 300 WSM's and used them from New Mexico to Alaska. Like Brad, I concentrated on 180's - Partitions and Accubonds with stellar results. H4350 was my standard powder. Over the years I began to get "beat up" a bit too much by the cartridge and went back to the .270 Winchester. Since then I have adapted the 6.5CM with equally great results which now account for a 5x5 bull, two cows and a Barren Ground caribou. As written here many times, a well constructed bullet with good placement is the key to success.
With over 20 Kimber on my past list, I have had to make some modifications to coax optimal accuracy in a few rifles. Using "Brad's Method", I have had great results. I will say my Mountain Ascent and the Montana 84M in 6.5CM have been great additions without the need for any "tweaking".
Unfortunately, Kimber's move to Alabama has resulted in almost no production in rifles as I monitor the usual online sites. Apparently their handgun sales are still high in demand.
Good luck to the OP and yes a good cleaning is a proper way to begin its "second career".

Last edited by bigwhoop; 10/01/22.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.