Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Yes checkout the "fiddle phuuck with your kimber" thread, and be prepared to fiddle phuuck with it.

Personally I'd shoot it. If it shoots like the average kimber, rebarrel it and save on fiddle phuucking time. If it shoots within your parameters, just keep shooting.

Hmm. I’m up to 9 Kimbers now. Only 1 was difficult.

I’m betting you’ve owned nowhere near that many and are just spouting off.

To the OP:

Shoot 200gr Accubonds in mine, but Federal TLR shot good too before it was discontinued. It’s under a different name now.

Just be sure you’re hanging on for that first round. I was shooting 7mm magnums the other day then switched to a Montana 300. Got a good cut on the bridge of my nose on that first shot.

Of course I haven't. If I spend over a grand on a rifle and it shoots 3" groups, I'm smart enough to never waste my money again.

Search engine "kimber montana issues". All that needs to be done. "Kimber tinkering" - translation - the end user gets to be quality control.

I think operator error was likely the problem.

Rifles that light are hard to shoot. Definitely not for everyone.

I got rid of a kimber hunter in 30-06 last spring that I couldn't get to shoot better than 2" groups at 100 yards. It was my first lightweight rifle with some recoil, and looking back it was probably all me. Have a Montana 84L in 30-06 now that shoots like a dream, technique is important in the lightweights.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi