I cant say for sure about premature ignition with a high primer in a bolt gun, but it doesn't seem like an optimal condition. Situation normal with all the S&B rifle brass that I've seen lacking in diameter & depth. I've heard the same from others as well. You could possibly uniform the pockets deeper, but the tool doesn't change the diameter enough for easy seating in the 2 or 3 cases I've tried with an old Hart depth uniforming tool & also a Whitetail carbide tool. Maybe a primer pocket swage will help. Mine broke years ago & hasn't been replaced. I'm just not that desperate or interested in wasting more time or $$ on this brass. If your primers aren't tight going in, maybe a depth uniformer alone will work for you. If I remember correctly, I had to go .010-.015" deeper to reach flush or a touch of recess. The Hart tool is adjustable, the Whitetail tool is not. I wonder how thick the brass web will be after adjusting the pocket depth & if it will matter? It seems like decent enough brass, but is it really worth all the dicking around to be reloadable? Mine sits in the scrap brass bucket waiting to be recycled. YMMV

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy