Originally Posted by gunzo
"do you have KYL targets?"
I bought one & we tried it last week at approx. 50 yards, not far enough. Needs to be at a 100 or more, right? We'll have to experiment.

I don't know if they shot yesterday, but haven't heard anything. I got invited to a casual barnyard IPSC match, & considering I hadn't shot that in years I just had to go. I'd been better off shooting 22's.

But I'll keep an eye on the 457 & know soon enough if it's good to go.

That is why my club does head to head shoots on them. The first one to hit all 8 targets wins. I've won with a single shot because a lot of guys miss.. We are all bad azzes though, right? If you shoot 4 and the other guy shoots 5, the one that hits the most wins.. The traditional way to shoot it allows the person to stop where he feels comfortable. If that is 7, then so be it. If he goes for #8 and misses, he's out with no points. Keep in mind #8 target is 1/4". As for the KYL targets being too close at 50 yards, guys can talk that kind of schidt, but we know how a lot of us shoot after I posted a rimfire shoot last year. I'd say, unless you are shooting a damn good rifle set up perfectly, with ammo it loves, you are not going to be hitting the 1/4" target every time. That's just from what I saw from guys trying to shoot 1/2" dots on the shoot I posted...I'm pretty sure I didn't see you shoot that event. You may want to look it up and give it a try.. It might be an eye opener..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA