I killed two nice bull elk with them, hit them mid section of the body, one did not kick, the other one kicked a hind leg twice, range was 150 yards or so, 7 Mag with load listed below.

I have killed numerous white tails with them, with no shot being closer than about 80 yards out of a 7 mag with a load of 65-66g of IMR 4350m, Rem case, Rem 9 1/2 primer at 3200 fps.

I have read all the horror stories like many of you, but I have never seen a surface explosion. I have 4 boxes of them still, and none will be sold. I also have boxes of the old solid base lead tip and buy them also when I see them.

The 120g Nosler ballistic tip has a thicker jacket than the 140g, we have shot a lot of deer with them also with 72-73g of R#22 with a cci 250 that shoots tiny groups, never a failure on deer, but they do not penetrate, just kill'em in their tracks or they may run 40 yards.

With the 7mm 140's at warp speed, I shoot behind the shoulder about 10-12", further than you would think, but deer just die quickly.