Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I've only ever seen a couple and they were plain barrel models good snag. Be damn careful of the o-ring I'll bet they are few and far between. IC choke will be the tits. Nice score..mb

When I worked in a gun shop, they sent me to the local John Deere dealer for "O" rings. I forget the part number.

Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I've only ever seen a couple and they were plain barrel models good snag. Be damn careful of the o-ring I'll bet they are few and far between. IC choke will be the tits. Nice score..mb

Not long ago, I scarfed up on a nice, old Rem "Sportsman" in 16 gauge. The barrel wasn't original to the gun, so I sent it to Briley in Houston, TX.
It now has three different choke tubes. 😃
Originally Posted by johna1
Congratulations.

I also have the same huge sentimental spot for the 16 gauge as you do. My first gun that my Dad gave me was a 16 and I would comfortably say that I have killed more game with it than I have all my other guns combined. It put a lot of food on the table for sure.

My first gun (I was 4 years old) was a L.C. Smith 16. My grampa swore by the 16. For my 16th b'day, my parents gave me a 16 gauge shotgun.