Originally Posted by WiFowler
When it comes to Rem 1100 and 870 16ga parts, the pickings are thin. As are the guns themselves.

Yesterday at a gun show, I saw 2, 870 16ga guns. Both plain barrel in so-so condition, 1 28" Mod, the other 30" Full. Each priced in the $800 range. The 1, 1100 16ga plain barrel I saw, 28" Mod plain bbl, had seen better days. Price tag on that one was $1800!

I did talked to one vendor that always has a pant load of barrels. Asked if he had any 870 16ga VR bbls. It was one of those questions you almost surely know the answer to, but are surprised when you here otherwise. In short he had one - 26", VR, IC, as new.........$335. I took his card and am contemplating it.
Prices are crazy but honestly not a bad buy on that barrel these days. About 4 years ago in Cabelas I bought an older 16 gauge 870. Corncob style forearm with a modified vent rib barrel I think it was $350 . When I started the paperwork the sales guy mentioned it had another barrel. Ended up being a Simmons rib , poly choke 26" . I put that barrel on eBay a year or so later ( not a poly fan ) Ended up over $425 just the barrel.