Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Of course, the basic definition of "rifle loony" will always mean SOME of us will be determined to champion cartridges such as the .264, which never became very popular in the first place, decades ago.

But am always interested in new variations on flogging a dead horse....

Hahaha. I don’t see anyone here “championing” the .264 Winchester, but simply trying to help the OP answer his questions. The OP’s thread title is literally “.264 win Mag”

I’ve had a .264 Winchester long before the 6.5 Craze or the introduction of the 26 Nosler. I spent a lot of time getting help from guys who knew how to make it perform to its potential. I’ve spent a lot of time and components testing powders and projectiles to find what I considered the best load combination.

If I was just now getting into the 6.5mm Magnum business, I wouldn’t choose the .264 Winchester because of all of the new chamberings that are easier to work with. You’ve stated before that updated load data with newer powders has been ignored.

Originally Posted by RinB
John,
I always chuckle at the discussions of ctg A vs ctg B. Reminds me of the King Kong vs Godzilla comparisons.

Again, the OP is asking specifically about the .264 Winchester and not any 7mm cartridges

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.