It's a great round! Moreover one that's stood well the test of time. A lot of nice newer cartridges since those 'teens' of the last century era of its birth. But a lot to me of new whoop-de-do stuff as the 35 Rem just keeps on truckin! Some great guns chambering it! Mine, a sole Stevens 425 lever, more than a few Remingtons - pumps. Model 14 from 1917 and successor model 141 from intro year 1936. Those Remingtons the Swizz watch as beautifully mand & complex/slick but moved to largely forgotten as narrow collector interest today! My Marlins, Model 336 reflecting the majority of my .35 chambered rifles. A "Rifle" from chambering intro year 1950 & "Texan Carbine"from Model intro year 1953. Both "Waffle Tops as untapped. Marlins finally surging in popularity last 2-3 decades. Finally emerged from "also ran' to Winchester 94 & 64, never offered in .35 Rem. "Sleepers", no more! The fact of their chambering in .35 a real boon.
No bolt rifles in .35! Don't even know what's out there today, but the Win Model 70 pre '64 and Rem Model 30 available. Large actions. Expensive collector guns in that chambering and bit heavy/unweildy.

Tried to post pix of each of my five above described rifles. "Overiszed images!" Condemned!

Thanks for an interesting Thread concering a great round!
Best!
John