Mine is a 1961 version stamped JC Higgins. Pretty good wood. I have been too busy to shoot it much but I put a taller front sight on it and a Williams peep. I did shoot five of Hornady's gummy tips through it and one of the case necks split. I loaded the four remaining cases with 200 grain cast bullets gas checked and powder coated and fired them with satisfactory results showing me the Marbles rear sight needed a taller front. I don't care for that particular rear sight so I replaced it with the peep. As soon as I can I am going to be casting some 220 gr. and 200 gr. Cast bullets from a LEE and a MP mold for it. The first four were sized to .356 for my 350 Legend. These will be sized .359. The Grandson will shoot the Legend AR this year and I think I will carry this rifle for most of my hunting. I began hunting with a 30-30 Marlin and a few times I have fooled with 444's and an even older Marlin in 35 Remington but compared to my use of bolt rifles they hardly compare. Only hunting Oklahoma and Texas this year so the 35 Remington can cover most of it.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]