Well, I'm a firm believer in the 1911 in .45 ACP. However, I have never felt poorly armed when carrying a 9MM. In certain neighborhoods, the larger magazine capacity of a 9MM can be a comforting factor. Just never saw a 9MM that really tripped my trigger although the S&W 6906 came close. Twelve plus one up the spout. Could use the 15 round magazines from the S&W 59 IIRC. I even had a Star in .40 cal. for a while. A very short while. I shot it and it was decently accurate, smaller than a 1911 but a lot heavier. I sold it at a slight profit and wished the new owner well.

I usually carry a Colt Combat Commander .45 ACP concealed with an S&W M60 .38 Spl. as a back up. Spare magazines are two Wilson 10 rounders and 2 speed loaders for the .38. Sometimes it's only the .38 which is easier to hide in my vehicle when going to the doctor's office or other medical facility. State law doesn't allow weapons of any kind in doctor's offices or medical facilities.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE