The Juenkes' "Improved Cartridge Loading" (ICL) cartridges were only very slightly different, dimensionally, from the Ackley and other "improved" cartridges. Their very slight dimensional differences made them no better than other wildcat "improved" versions of factory standards. In those days, with chronographs not at all common and pressure-measuring equipment virtually nonexistent, the "improved" performance of such cartridges derived mainly from the originators' wishful thinking and their cartridges being loaded to significantly higher peak chamber pressures, not much if at all from their very slight design modifications.

I couldn't obtain dependable dimensions that were precise enough to enable me to draw the ICL cartridges for my book, so I had to exclude them. I'd still like to get those dimensions -- on paper or by miking fired specimen cases -- for my next Custom Cartridges book.

Would also love to get dependable, precise dimensions for the Mashburn, Barnes, Barnes Supreme, the third Barnes line (I can't recall the name right now), Controlled Combustion Chambering (CCC), Gibbs, Eichhorn, Powell-Miller Venturi Freebore (PMVF), and any of several other old wildcat lines. The pioneers who originated them left no paper trail that I've been able to find.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.