I usually DO go through the plunk test, and the funny thing is I thought I did. I probably got interrupted and that's something that screws me up when I'm trying to make a process work for me---at home AND at work. I positively recall doing it with the jacketed loads.

I think I have some Longshot and if I do it's for 20-guage loads. If I'm not mistaken about that, I don't like the way it meters enough to use it for handgun loads. The Ramshot data I've looked at shows Silhouette will make plenty of velocity but I'm not looking for the fire-breathingest load out there. I think 1200 fps or thereabouts is plenty. I do like the way sphericals meter, too.

As far as the Lee FCD goes, I don't see the need. I've loaded and shot thousands of .45 ACP and .40 S&W rounds, and a plain old taper crimp applied in a separate step has always worked fine. What advantage does the FCD offer? Honest question.

I'm using Shooters Choice red grease on the rails at the moment. I've not seen any signs of galling, but I'll keep an eye out for that.

Thanks for all the info.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.