Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by cra1948
I have been loading 2400 in 10mm for my Glock 20 with excellent results for probably 20 years or more. I had to put a 22 pound recoil spring from Wolff in. I use Starline brass and toss them after the second use.

That's definitely not where I want to go. If I'd need to run 2400 that hard to get results, then I'll just nip that idea in the bud. Not that I'd say you're doing it wrong, I just don't want to go there.

I don't know if it's running it that hard. I'm getting 1300 fps (IIRC, it's been a long time since I chrono'd it) with 180 grain bullets. The 22 pound recoil spring was a response to extraction failure. My thought at the time (right or wrong) was that with the slow burner, chamber pressure may have still been a little too high or brass had not contracted quickly enough on firing and was slipping the extractor. I'm not sure I'm right about that, but going to the 22 pound spring solved the problem and the gun has been completely reliable ever since, even with factory .40 S&W ammo which I have loaded up into the Glock 20 mags and shot with no problems. Tossing the brass after 2 loads is just a response to the "Glock poorly supported case head syndrome"....just me playing it safe. It's not like I run through enough 10 mm ammo to be concerned about getting maximum usage out of my brass.

Mathew 22: 37-39