Originally Posted by country_20boy
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
My 7mm-08 will do everything I need it to do at the distances within my skill level. P

You and I agree on this. I just acquired a new 6.5 PRC and so far in my very limited loading, I can't see that it will do anything I can't do with a 7-08. I will be keeping up with your posts for info and see how this works out for you.

Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I'm just starting playing with a 6.5 PRC Christensen Arms Mesa. I had some 143 edlx, but currently alliant magnum powder is the only suitable powder available around here. No problem with 3100 fps on my 24"

Norman, I'd be interested in your load data. I'm still in the break-in period with my Mesa, but so far it seems to be a little slow. I shot some factory Norma 143 ammo and the groups are steadily getting better (0.8 moa for 5 shots on Friday). Box says 2950? fps, but I'm getting just shy of 2800 with a 24" barrel.

I also ran some limited testing with 140 AB and Magnum powder. Found a very large velocity node at 2915-2925 fps and got sticky bolt lift at about 3015 fps. I had to load the Accubonds quite short due to throat length. Probably gonna try some other bullets for now. If 2925fps is all that I can do, I'll just stick with my 7-08.

I found some H1000 last week, so I may try it, but I'll give the Magnum a fair shake first as it should be faster across the board. I loaded some 120 TTSX this weekend and hope to shoot them soon. Just playing around for now with whatever I have on hand.

I found a node at 61 gr magnum with the 143eldx I’m averaging 3050, but my ES is 40. I loaded some at different COAL to try but it’s well under a MOA. I plan on playing with the COAL and +/- 1/2 gr powder and see if I can find a happy place that’s consistent. I’ve only got about 25 -30 rounds through it so far

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne