Well, I started the fun a couple of days ago. R26, WLR, 156 EOL, and new Nosler brass. I used the venerable Sharpie method to determine max length at 2.429” on the comparator, which equates to 3.130.” I’m using 7mm Rem Mag/30-06/300 Win Mag magazines instead of the 4-round magazine the rifle came with so I can load as long as I want.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I prepped and primed the brass then started on a pressure/velocity test. I started at 55.0 grains and went up in .5 grain increments, firing three shots of the same charge over the chrono. I ended up at 57.6 grains at 2955 fps, SD 1, ES 3. Brass looks good, no cratering, maybe the slightest hint of ejector mark, easy bolt lift. All rounds at 2.429.”

So now we’re ready for the seating depth test. I loaded 4 each at 5 different OAL, starting at 2.429” and working backward in 0.40” increments.

Somewhere in there I expect my brother to find accuracy, then I’ll fine-tune to maximize the load. I can still go shorter, since the shortest load is still over SAAMI max.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001