Originally Posted by country_20boy
I also ran some limited testing with 140 AB and Magnum powder. Found a very large velocity node at 2915-2925 fps and got sticky bolt lift at about 3015 fps. I had to load the Accubonds quite short due to throat length. Probably gonna try some other bullets for now. If 2925fps is all that I can do, I'll just stick with my 7-08.

I found some H1000 last week, so I may try it, but I'll give the Magnum a fair shake first as it should be faster across the board. I loaded some 120 TTSX this weekend and hope to shoot them soon. Just playing around for now with whatever I have on hand.

Thought I'd post an update if anyone is interested. Ran a velocity ladder test with Magnum and 120 ttsx. Topped out at 3182 fps with a book max load and found somewhat of a node around 3110.

I know.....very limited data..... but so far this 6.5 PRC is pretty disappointing. I think accuracy will be decent, but why would I burn 12-15 extra grains of powder with no real gains over a 7mm-08 or even a Creedmoor.....?

For both the 120 ttsx and the 140 AB, I had to load them at least 0.1" shorter than the book listing to get them to chamber. Could that have anything to do with the disappointing speeds?