Damn, I don’t know how I left out Glenn Ford! I’d put him above Eastwood any day,
John Wayne’s characters were always the same sorta guy. He was always the good guy who got crossed, and always righted what was wrong.
Ford played many different roles, a bad guy in “3:10’to Yuma”, a mild mannered shopkeeper in “The Fastest Gun Alive”, and a Bounty Hunter in another that I can’t remember the name.
Let me put it this way. I had some real heroes who’ve I’ve always tried to emulate. The Old Man was first, Duke was second, Audie Murphy & Glenn Ford we’re right in there. Not to leave out James Longstreet or Winfield Hancock either
I’ve had an easy time finding heroes, but it hasn’t been easy living up to these guys.
Maybe I shoulda set my sights lower. But one of the proudest moments of my life was when a lady I didn’t know told me “You remind me of a cowboy”.
Like Waylon said, “My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys”!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden