Originally Posted by dogwater
Range report.

I threw together some 405 laser cast bullets and a starting load of 5744. I didn't chrono but it should be about 1300 ish. I loaded as long as I could without having to force them to chamber. Oal 2.615. I shot at 110 yards. I shot about 3-4 inch group about 3-4 inches high. I really feel the if my eyes weren't 59 I could have cut the group size in half.
Then I practiced on a paper plate sized steel. It makes a nice impressive whack and really swings it around.
I think I am going to start looking for some type of rear peep just due to my eyes, but I am very happy with my purchase and how it shoots!! Thanks to everyone for the tips! I can't wait to try black and some good cast in the future.
Check the diameter of those bullets, your rifle will shoot best with .458 diameter. That much vertical could be either from needing a bit more load development or check your position on the bench making sure that when you settle into position that you don't need to adjust the rifle very far up down or sideways to get on the center.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com