Originally Posted by dogwater
The bullets are 459. I don't believe it was position. I think if I upped the charge/velocity it might move a bit lower.

When you put the front sight in the rear sight notch, how much of that front sight is showing? A very small change in the height can give you the amount of POI you are experiencing. Also, if your light source is more to one side or the other, it can affect your lateral dispersion.

These things are some of the pointers that Bill Bagwell emphasized when I was shooting with him at his place. He convinced me to go the copper penny route and to bury the tip of the front sight deep in the rear sight notch with just the bright point of light from the tip of that sight showing.

As to the penny getting dull with corrosion, just remember back to those old movies about frontiersmen who licked their thumb and swiped at the front sight before they shot? They were keeping that front sight tip nice and polished.
Aim small, miss small.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell