It seems the west has become a destination for big game hunting trips. Go West, see the mountains, camp in a canvas tent (or a $100,000 5th wheel), walk around the woods with a brand new 6.5Needmore, and bring a trailer full of ATV's. No matter what, be sure to bring a big box store 4000watt generator made in China with muffler equivalent of straight pipes on a 69 Camaro.

In CO, my casual view is that a lot of in-state rifle hunters have moved to archery thinking it will be less crowded. And in doing so, made archery season just as crowded as gun season. Out of stater's continue to increase in numbers in the rifle hunts. I'd estimate 40% of the vehicles we see during 1st season rifle have out of state tags. While I like the access an ATV can bring, I'm getting to opinion that the Forest Service and BLM should close some of the access roads to all vehicular traffic, or limit it to game removal only. No rifles allowed in the truck or ATV, and/or need to show a punched tag. The ATV traffic has become insane. At 4am it's a buzz of engines - and oh yeah, those generators.

Rifle hunting and even archery is an opening day ambush. It's not hunting anymore. By day three of the season 90% of the animals have rushed onto private. Even wardens we've talked to openly admit it. Close the roads, let people walk in or horseback/mule in, let the animals be natural and allow for a chance at a real hunt. Keep the hunt, a hunt.