Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
Colorado continues to be a zoo. More and more hunters every year. I hunted 1st elk, that's a limited draw season. You have to draw a tag to hunt, so a fixed number of hunters. While it's a fixed number of hunters, it sure didn't seem like it. There were camps along the side of the main road through the unit that had at least two dozen pickups, and about the same number of RVs and tents. My daughter said it looked like a used truck sales lot. On the flip side, the road we were on did not allow for ATV travel (which I'm mostly happy about) and had very few camp sites so it forced a lot of hunters to share the larger camp sites. In the woods we didn't see many hunters; however, we were significantly past the threshold of convenient hiking to get to our spots.

Hunting in CO has seemingly skyrocketed in the last 5 years. Did bow season last year and saw way more hunters, camouflaged and all, then this year during gun season. Insane numbers of people in the woods here.

This.
Archery hunting has exploded in recent years. Back when I could wrangle a archery tag and rifle tag for elk the places I archery hunted I rarely saw another archery hunter. Not anymore......

Pretty sure in the GMU's I hunt the number of archers equal or exceed the 2nd season rifle hunters.

Last edited by alpinecrick; 11/04/22.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.