Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
What I love to see is the young kids getting into this stuff! We people who’ve grown up with our guns are fine, but there’s a helluva lotta younger people who have never been taught the things that we all love (and live for).
Here at home, the Chestnut Ridge Bow & Gun club has been supporting young shooters. Our high school has a pretty good shooting team, and we’ve been doing all we can to support them.
We got (IIRC) 5 rifles granted to them by the NRA. And they’re using our indoor range free of charge.
These young people are the future of our nation, and I’m very proud of having been small part of that.
I’d love to send soma our kids out there.
Maybe I’ll bring it up at the next meeting.
7mm

This is why I am a 4-H shooting coach and a member of a Friends of NRA committee. I’m try to put as many kids outdoors and behind a trigger as possible.

I will loan you my CVA Scout V2 in .45-70 to let the youngsters get a taste of big bore... if you like. Couple of months kinda thing...

2 3/4 Redfield on top...

I have lots of reduced recoil loads and bullets/powder if some get the hankering to learn a little reloading as well. Dies and press are on you...

Not a true classic buffalo gun for sure... BUT an easy/cheap introduction to Big Bore.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Also a heck of a Sub gun...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.