Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
What I love to see is the young kids getting into this stuff! We people who’ve grown up with our guns are fine, but there’s a helluva lotta younger people who have never been taught the things that we all love (and live for).
Here at home, the Chestnut Ridge Bow & Gun club has been supporting young shooters. Our high school has a pretty good shooting team, and we’ve been doing all we can to support them.
We got (IIRC) 5 rifles granted to them by the NRA. And they’re using our indoor range free of charge.
These young people are the future of our nation, and I’m very proud of having been small part of that.
I’d love to send soma our kids out there.
Maybe I’ll bring it up at the next meeting.
7mm

Well at a bare minimum a rifle to shoot the Quigley with sights is 2 k and there are no factory loads that will work. Just one of the things that holds down attendance, another is it's held on fathers day weekend..mb

What's the max distance now? I shot it for 3 years before I got sidetracked into BPCS matches, back then the longest was the buff at 804yds and attendance was right about 400. Now that I'm fast approaching my 2nd retirement a friend and I are thinking of going back just for the heck of it. I still own 3 BPCRs (Shiloh 74 and 2 Ballard made High-Walls) but they don't get out much now.

Last edited by Chuck_R; 11/08/22.

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”