Originally Posted by ribka
So conservative people in Iowa want tens of millions in welfare handouts for ethanol with lowers gas mileage and is terrible for the environment and want war and sanctions against Russia which makes everything sky rocket in price destroying the middle class?

Does anyone conservative understand how sanctions and economies work?

Why do we need a nuclear war with Russia? Maybe one of UkO Care Bears can explain

Sending over 150 billion to the most corrupt country in the world will help the average American?

Anyone with a brain in Iowa?

Originally Posted by IA_fog
[quote=ribka]Correct Americans need more Iowa corn in their gas tanks.

Its worth a nuclear war so Iowa farmers get a handout so we can pay more for fuel and have 23 per cent inflation

makes sense to me

Well first of you think Ukraine is about Russia being bad your part of the problem
Second iowa farmers don’t get a handout so we can pay more for fuel .. YOUR GOVERNMENT is forcing producers of gas to add ethanol to gas
Inflation has been inevitable for quite some time,,, can’t have little to no interest and print money to no end without consequences. Yea Ukraine isn’t helping but remebwr all the shortages caused by COVID? The port crisis caused by Pete butt plug. Biden shutting down oil drilling the list goes on
Also only 40% of the US corn crop goes to ethanol. Yes does iowa produce a lot of ethanol yes but it is about location. Illinois would do more but with the Illinois river, which hauls the most grain of any river it fills the export market better than iowa and Minnesota.

Show me where Iowa gets millions of dollars of Ethanol handouts please

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum