Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by RiddlerNumberOne
10-4. the Russians did 70% of the heavy lifting.

They did 70% of the heavy DYING, but it it wasn't for the US, WWII would have had an entirely different outcome
Same with WWI. All parties were on the verge of doing what Europeans had done for centuries, i.e,. redefine borders by a few miles here and there, and coming to peace terms, when the US got involved, forcing the Germans to essentially surrender.

PS Germany didn't realize they were surrendering. They thought they were agreeing to cease hostilities while a peace was worked out fairly for all sides. The process got swept away from them, however, after the cessation of hostilities, and the next thing they knew, their nation was chopped up, they were officially blamed for the war, and an unpayable dept was imposed on them, at the Paris Peace Conference.

Not quite. Germany was toast. Riots in the streets, the Fleet mutinied, Kaiser abdicated, you are correct though the US involvement helped, A LOT, but they were done nevertheless.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”