Originally Posted by Geno67
Other Geno - I would try a pie. I'm very open minded when it comes to food (kimchi sucks and balut will kill you in case you were wondering).

If stuff on the outside of produce will get you, I'm long overdue for it. Unless it's got poop or a lot of dirt on it, I never wash any of it.
Maybe next year, if I can get tomatoes to produce in this climate, I may have the wife make a crust and I'll make a green tomato pie. I think I'm going to start plants indoors and early, gallon or two gallon size pots, and keep them in until after June 15th before putting them out. Anything I got out last year either got stunted or didn't get going and failed to produce much other than a few fruits.

But, as of yesterday I still had green plants under the hoops in the garden bed. Layer of greenhouse plastic, then two layers of row cover,3 layers of sheets and old mattress protectors go back on every night, sometimes they stay on all day if it's too cold.

Not sure if the 12F night wiped them out last night. Just now getting up to 32, so in another hour or so I go out to check.

I will eat kimchi, but I doubt I'll try balut.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?