Originally Posted by slumlord
Geno you may just have to build yourself a small greenhouse.

See, ole slumlord was a younger man and knew he one day wanted to build a greenhouse.

Thought I would do it on the cheap…so slum save a lot of old thermal pane windows from several window replacement job. They are all stacked up beside a shed across from his smokehouse.

Now, I decided to use poly carb panel instead.

But if you could go hang out at the dump with Nugget, you might score some windows and pallets and maybe the remnants of a piece of crap treated lumber playground or deck that is being demolished.

I had one, with a plastic cover. It rotted after a couple of seasons of 300+ days of sun and our higher altitude UV index. I actually got a few tomatoes out of that one.

I've got the polycarb panels sitting waiting to be put on the frame that no longer has the plastic on it.

One of 87 projects to get to "one day"

PS the Adirondack chair is still where you last saw it in a picture. I think it has ice on it now.

PPS thanks for the reminder about those panels. I might be able to do some more work on that thing today. It's finally above freezing here. Was going to play with my new Ryobi electric chain saw, but that can wait for a few days when it's supposed to be sunny and 40F

Last edited by Valsdad; 11/11/22.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?