Originally Posted by hatari
KG,

You're from one of the world's fine culinary cities, I'm afraid ATL can't compete with Boston on the food scene. I won't even try seafood with you!

Funky local restaurant/bars

The Vortex - really good burger, really far out crowd late at night

The Highland Tap - bar is noted for martini's and draft, restaurant has a great burger, but all the menu is tasty for mid price and another people watching plce for locals.

Steak Houses, - Bone's, Chop's, Morton's all represent the classic steakhouse at it's best.

Italian - I hesitate to even mention Italian to you, but we have several noteworthy. La Grotta - Classic Northern Italian. Bacchanalia - one of the cities best. Tough to get in. Sotto-Sotto - Italian/Euro.

Japanese
- (Why do I bother??? wink ) Umi - Should meet your standards

ATL Staples - Ray's on the River (American), The Capital Grille (American steak/seafood) Nokolai's Roof (Continental) ATL Fine dining staple for decades. All of these are expense account joints

Unique dining - The Imperial Fez - Moroccan themed with pillows to sit on and a belly dancer. Think Casablanca. Sidney Greenstreet would run it, not Bogart.

More "eat where the locals eats
" - Wrecking Bar Brew Pub, Fox Bros BQQ

Music and Food - Fat Matt's Rib Shack - BBQ, cold beer and Blues! Hole in the wall worth checking out.

For you, Your DeKalb Farmer's Market. I think you'd enjoy seeing that. Foodstuff from everywhere. Short drive/Uber from downtown.

Thanks for that, Doc. I'd have a go at several on your list, but it's not for me. The wife is there. I'm stuck dogsitting and heading out for ducks. Poor me!

She's not driving and I don't want her heading out on foot anywhere too far from the hotel. I already told her she'd probably be better off just eating at the hotel. The last time she was there she and another Japanese gal in for work at the same gig walked across some bridge to AL and had a couple of nice meals there. Said it was nicer over there than in ATL. Appreciate the input from folks just the same.