I keep hollowpoints in my 9mms and .38 Supers, but I'll carry "whatever" in my .45s, usually the 200gr. SWCs or a 230 ball, or someone's 230 HPs (depends on what I can find locally). I really like the good old 200gr. SWCs for most anything I'll need to do with a .45.
The .45 made it's reputation with 230 ball, so it doesn't bother me a bit to carry it in my pistols, but most of the newer bullets feed fine, and I'm more about reliability in .45s than any particular shape. I went years and years competing with 200gr. SWCs and had zero pukes or chokes with them. Why mess with that?
My old mould was the RCBS 45-201KT, and it's more blunt than the typical H&G 68, but it could be fussier feeding in the wrong pistols. RCBS has since changed that mould to the smaller-meplat #68 type bullet. I think they were wrong to do so, but they didn't ask me, either. My bullets weighed 208gr. when cast out of straight wheelweights. I was happy with that.
I gave that mould to Snake River Marksman several years ago, I hope he's getting some use out of it.
I've still got a few hundred rounds of that old bullet loaded in 30 year old ammo, and it still shoots lights-out.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.