Originally Posted by Potsy
Currently, my 9mm bullet is a Lee .356-120 (drops at 124 grains) cast from wheelweights and heat treated. Loaded over 5.5 grains of Silhouette, it gets 1050fps from my Sig P365. It shoots well and the Lee 6 cavity mold rains bullets, buuuut.........

Was wondering if there was a recommendation for a hard cast bullet (or mold!) with a wider metplat (the Lee runs about .2. Would like .25-.26) that ran closer to 147 grains, and penetrate deep and in a straight line, and obviously feed reliably in a small frame 9mm (have been spending a lot of time on a new lease where pigs abound and an encounter with a black bear isn't out of the question and don't always want to pack a big pistol).

Thinking a better bullet out of the Sig at 900-950 would do great things......

Although it is difficult to measure the exact narrowest part of the meplat (your or jwp475's measurement may differ), I was getting right at about .24 with the Buffalo Bore/Mackay_Sagebrush 147/148 grain hard cast. Also, out of my Standard P365 with the 3.1 inch barrel, I was getting an average of 1010 with the Buffalo Bore and 989 out of Mackay's (with a lower ES). Both are rated at +P. With the XL, both the Buffalo Bore and Mackay_Sagebrush loads were within 4 fps of jwp475's 1062. Mackay's are much more cost effective, BTW.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln