Originally Posted by buffybr
Originally Posted by smokepole
I was gonna say it's an ammonite fossil, Cretaceous.

But then I remembered the trilobite, Cambrian.
I also have some of those, some that I bought at the Denver Rock and Mineral shows, and others that I found, ammonites and baculites in eastern Montana and trilobites in Utah.

Two buffalo skulls that I found in Colorado in the 1960s and another I found in Montana about 20 years ago:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

For man made things, how about the beaded moccosins that the Ute Indian Chief, Ouray, was wearing and took them off and gave them to my Great Great Grandfather in 1859:

Or the picture of that same GG Grandfather seated next to Kit Carson taken in 1868:

And these items that I inherited from my Dad's side of the family. The Bowie knife has "Capt, Wm Gibson, Denver July 1884" stamped on it. The two Nickle coated Colt Double action .38s belonged to my Great Grandfather. The 1911 Colt was my Grandfather's in WWI, and the 1st gen Colt SAA .45 was carried by my GG Uncle in the late 1800s. The Model 1906 Winchester .22 belonged to my Grandmother in the early 1900s.

But probably the oldest things that I have are the bronzed baby shoes that I wore in about 1947 grin

Great collection buffybr! Your family kept these all intact for future generations. Have to admire them. I have my baby shoes from 1945 but my mother never had the extra cash to have them bronzed. Likely she was saving them for the next baby but she quit after me #12. Dad said when he seen me, he knew it was time to quit. Good or bad? confused

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI