I fish mostly the big and small rivers here in Oregon- Deschutes, John Day, several of the coast streams and a couple of small streams around my property in Central Oregon. I haven't found a stream yet that the Golden ribbed hare's ear wouldn't catch something. I usually like to have them tied fairly heavy, since nymphs don't work well unless they are close to the bottom and some of these streams have some serious current. Most of my fishing is done close to the ripples and pocket water between the fast water. In the bigger streams, I usually use 5mm Neoprene waders, since these waters are amazingly cold in the spring when I fish most. In the smaller streams, I usually put on some old worn out tennis shoes and just wade around in the stream, usually working upstream and casting carefully to the small holes just below fast water or small ripples. Especially if one of these holes is under an overhanging bush or tree. <BR>My 9' Loomis 5 weight is a little unweildy in the smaller stream areas due to the brush. I'm getting ready to replace it with a 6 or 7 foot 3 or 4 weight for the small stream fishing, since most of the fish are of modest size anyway, usually 6-10 inches. - Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.