Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Yes, a tiny victory, we are happy about this, but in a way, we shouldn't be really. Turning free speech into a popularity contest? The masses get to vote who gets free speech? To me, I interpret this as Musk still doesn't understand a constitutional republic, and how it protects the unpopular as well as the popular. If you don't get my point...how about a popular vote, pure democracy, deciding on the 2nd Amendment? With the generations succeeding the boomers, Mil,X, Y, Z, voting en mass, chances are we'd lose. Imagine a popular vote on slave reparations in the days after George Floyd. It would have passed.

In my mind, what is bad is we have twisted the definitions of words so much that it is expected a private enterprise is to be the granter of free speech.

Free speech is totally a restriction on the government and we have morphed it to being every private entity can not restrict anything. Totally not what the founders had in mind.

Remember, done people look for a reason to whine and will look for defeat everywhere they can. That's why we're in this mess. Thank God gen Xer saved us again!
I'm seeing a pattern develop...

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.