I was in junior high study hall - all of the 7th and 8th grades were there. Mr. Lindeman, our principal, came in and announced it. I was standing at the library shelves by the wall, holding a book. My immediate, reflexive response was to ask what kind of gun was used. He did not feel that was an appropriate inquiry. (I remember news reports that allueded to a lever-action Winchester, as well as the 7.65 Mauser that was actually found on the sixth floor of the TSBD.) From there, we 7th-grade boys had music with Mrs. Gerdy. She had not been informed of the assassination, and when we tried to tell her about it, she scolded us for making up such a terrible story. I also remember watching television (I am a long-time deviate in this regard) before leaving for school that morning. Dallas poiice chief Jesse Curry was being interviewed and he was explaining the extraordinary lengths that his department had gone to in order to ensure the safety of the President. I distinctly remember him saying that if someone so much as raised a brick to throw at the President's car, the police would be on him before he could throw it.

Last edited by 5sdad; 11/21/22.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.