What is better than skipping school? How about skipping school to go on a guided fishing trip?

Local guide, Pritchard's Guide Service on Grand Lake in Oklahoma did a kids fishing day today. Took 6 kids out this morning and 6 this afternoon chasing spoonbill. First time my kids had been after them. It was a success.

side note, if you're in northeast Oklahoma and looking for fishing on Grand Lake, Pritchards is the guy to call. Winter time spoonbill, summer time crappie (caught a 6 man limit plus piles of white bass with him this summer), and catfish and white bass thrown in the mix, plus he has contacts for when he is full and knows everybody around. If he isn't taking his kids hunting or is already booked, he will put you on fish.

Pritchard's Guide Service Facebook page

Rusty Pritchard and the 6 kids off to the races-
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I guess they drew straws as to who got to go first and my 11 year old was 1st. Smallest fish, but first in the boat..

I think my 9 year old daughter went last, but she got a good one.

Group pic at the end

Then for 30 miles of the 60 mile drive home I got to hear all the ins and outs of winter spoonbill fishing and how they want to go again...

Filets soaking in salt water and the search is on for how to cook them beyond chunking up and frying like is typically done.