Originally Posted by ring3
Carried a pocket knife forever. Recently lost one Ive had for years. Looking for a decent quality replacement. I like the three blade medium stockman style with rounded ends (3 1/4”- 3 1/2” closed). Like blades that aren’t difficult to sharpen and hold an edge fairly well. Used to stick with Uncle Henry but haven’t tried a Taylor (China) one. Anyone likeminded have suggestions or experience they care to share?

I've used many different types of things over the years. I've .. at least for now .. stepped away from the stockman's type knife that you're asking about. I carry a smaller Gerber LST in my pocket for opening boxes, etc, and a Benchmade mini-Bugout clipped to the top of my pocket. The Gerber is for abuse, things that make a knife dull kinda quickly, and the Benchmade is .. preserved .. for when I need very sharp like cleaning trout.

At one time I carried an old swiss army knife ... it had surprisingly "nice" steel but if I cleaned a fish, then put it in my pocket, I'd get about a quart of water running down my leg. Single blade knives minimize that.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...