KillerBee;
Good afternoon Darren, I'm well thanks and hope you're the same.

We went for a bit of a look for a whitetail buck that a hunting partner hit yesterday but we were unable to locate after hours of attempting to. It bled very little, then stopped entirely and finally mixed its tracks in with some other deer so even though there was snow, we didn't know which one to follow. Anyways we were up there at first light this morning to see if we could hear any ravens or find new sign, but neither of us did despite getting a good 3 hour hike in.

As they say though, "any day hunting is better than a day not hunting" - well I say that Darren and I might be part of some "them" though in today's nomenclature I don't identify as "them" - I'm a redneck semi-geezer, you know?

I will say before wandering further into the rhubarb, that when I was watching the sun come up, listening to the birds around me and some heavy equipment sounds from miles below echoing off of the canyon walls I was next to, I felt pretty blessed to both still be healthy enough to do that sort of thing and to still live where we're able to.

Although I'm cognizant that politically Farley Mowat and I could not possibly be further apart, as well as "Two Against the North" I enjoyed, "The Dog Who Wouldn't Be" and his personal memoirs of Canadian forces in Italy, "And No Birds Sang". They are about as opposite in content as one can get in books, one being quite funny - I thought anyways, and the war stories being quite grim really.

All the best to you my cyber friend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"